Tuesday, August 29, 2006

more swearing

I rang HSBC again, ready to do battle.

Me: "I'm calling with regard to the charge you have applied to my account"
HSBC advisor "yes"
Me: "I would like you to return it to my account, please."
HSBC advisor: "Please bear with me whilst I look at the details madam. Can you hold?"
6 minutes of hold music later
HSBC advisor: "Mrs Minks, we have reviewed the circumstances of this charge and I have spoken with my supervisor and we will be returning the amount to your account."
Me: "Thank you"

WTF ??

3 comments:

clarey b said...

WTF indeed. I've recently taken to smoking tabs again just to deal with the stress of looking after two kids! Only of an evening mind you... I'll get your email address of straight Jo and get in touch xx

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're good. Could you sort out Merton Council for me?

Minks said...

Clare-I look forward to sharing woes with a kindred spirit
Moobs- I don't understand, and I'm still off to the Coop- I should've done it years ago. Ethical consumerism is very close to my heart, and could go into details but feel sure you'd pass out with boredom xx