Sunday, August 27, 2006

never start rumours

The poor lickle lads have stinking colds. Disappointingly, Ezra's has moved onto his chest and he has a bit of a cough. I am wavering between absolute panic and calm resolution and I've temporarily moved him into our bed so I can keep an eye on his breathing with inhaler at the ready.
I realised just how obsessive I was when I began timing his respiratory rate in the night and watching his clavicle intensely. "Stop staring Mummy" Ez groaned as he turned over.
Seth is waking several times in the night gasping for a drink. They are both eating like hogs during the day which means they are feeding themselves better- a good sign.
Seth has been sitting in his highchair chewing alternately on a piece of chedder and slices of cucumber for 1/2 an hour now and I am overwhelmed by how gentle and calm he is. We were at a friends house on Friday with some other deliciously yummy mummies. They all commented on how lovely he is. He can amuse himself for ages, he joins in with the big kids without a care in the world. They cautiously accept him, gently stroking his head or helping to feed him- but mostly they ignore him, in the same way they ignore each other.
He is very smiley, he likes to explore and loves a snuggle from the other Mums and Dads.
He is happy fearless and independent. I hope remains so forever.

No comments: