Tuesday, August 29, 2006

look away. swearing about to commence

Those bastards at HSBC have decided to randomly fine me for going over my overdraft limit. Ok, I know I'm not meant to and usually as soon as I do I make sure there's a transfer to cover the over-overdraft amount.
So, usually HSBC don't penalise me, leaving me to believe that they understand I have funds and they are making enough money from me various interest and charges anyway.
This month however, they have done a 'spot check' and have fined me a huge amount. Fuckers!!
When I asked the poor customer services operator who received the rough end of my blazing mad stick why on this occasion they had fined me, but not on any other, she claimed I had been 'very lucky.' Its my fault for being lazy- but those cheeky twunts are taking the piss by lulling my into a false sense of security before penalising me like some naughty child. She might as well've said. " We charge you to look after your money but we don't actually look at your account very often, we just ring you and write to you and persuade you to take out a huge loan and credit card that you can't pay back BECAUSE YOU DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE AN INCOME. We spend the rest of our time funding terrorism, coups and wars and that. So overdraw as much as you want, love- we probably won't check, but if you do, you'll be in trouble."
I asked her to return the money to my account. Instead she offered to extend my overdraft.
I suggested she and her pirate employers stick their unethical banking and investment practices up their enormously fat arses, whilst I skip off to the Coop for some conscience free banking and 12 bottles of free wine (an offer with my name all over it.)
This has particlularly annoyed me because I've been trying to save some cash. Not easy when there's only one income and three hungry growing men (and one shrinking woman. I need a new wardrobe and might have to knit my own clothes this winter from recycled baby clothes!!)
So, I'm going to have to sell everything we own on eBay to make up the deficit and stop eating. Which means I'll need even more new clothes, unless I become so slim I can just cut my old clothes in half and recycle them that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can claim back bank charges. It's a bit of paperwork but very successful. Can do it retrospectively as well. Loads of people are doing it. Have a look on moneysavingexpert.com or some other financial website.

Anonymous said...

We've done the Co-op thing too. Not got the wine yet but the cards have just arrived so it can't be too long.... I've been nagging hubby for ages that I think we ought to have a Co-op account. Funny that it's just happening now.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain sister, I've been charged three times this month. By looking at my account can't they tell I can't afford charges? Hehehe, you said *twunts*! x