Friday, August 04, 2006

So very very tired

nuff said.
Tonight my mother-in-law is babysitting whilst John and I attend uncle Matt's birthday party. I am feeling a mixture of nerves/terror/excitement/relief.
I'm not yet in the swing of leaving them with loved ones while we 'tear it up'. Yes, I know we should be leaving them for days at a time by now- but uncharacteristically* I'm a bit controlling and feel uneasy when I leave them with anyone. Its not personal.
Anyway, I've got a new frock- Seth can clap and laughs at jokes and Ezra's speech has taken another leap forward and he now speaks in lovely long sentences.




*My mum is now wetting herself
Oh edit: Ezra has grown 4 cms since he was last measured. Not sure if thats a world record or average but its bloody marvellous anyway you look at it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the boys or the baby-sitter you are most concerned about?

Minks said...

both

Anonymous said...

We leave E with others all the time - for days and overnights. Bad parents. I think it's because a former friend of mine once told me that a mother shouldn't leave her baby for a single night in their first three years of life, or else their mother-baby bond is "harmed". This load of tripe made me determined to give both E and me a break as often as possible.

Fashion Detective said...

I want to be like you Ms. Evans!