Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bear

In first photo taken of Ezra, Bear is beside him. Bear met Ezra before I did. (I was coming round in the recovery room.) Ez and bear are inseparable and he told us only last week that he loved Bear more than anyone or thing in the whole world- even Mummy, Daddy or chocolate icecream. Last night, as I tried to get Seth off to sleep Ezra turned over in his bed and sighed "come on bear" and snuggled down next to him.
Today, somewhere between Balham and Tooting we lost Ezra's beloved Bear.
Ezra sobbed himself to sleep and when he awoke I told him that bear had been found and had been rushed to hospital with severe injuries. Luckily the doctors could make him well again and he would come home soon with new fur and stuffing and everything. (Thank goodness we kept an identical 'imposter' bear and didn't hand him over to Seth.)
So a new and improved bear returned from toy hospital a few hours ago, with a bandage over one eye and on his wrist. He's also sporting a plaster on his nose and a gauze pad on his tail (poor bear!)
Ezra is not sure, but is familiarizing himself with every millimetre of his furry body. We discussed that even though he looks different on the outside- he's still the same bear inside.
I'm going to hell.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a genius.

Anonymous said...

Time to get new bear chipped me thinks, hopefully the original's gone to a good home where he gets chocolate and pop on demand and lots of girly bears for company.
Auntie Suzie x

Anonymous said...

Thank God you had a spare. Thank God! Do you really think he'll fall for it? Shouldn't you just go back to the route between Balham and Tooting and search every square inch? I am just imagining a lost Doggy and it really doesn't bear thinking about.

Anonymous said...

I took a sharp intake of breath when you said you'd lost Bear. A spare is always A.Good.Thing. I often feel as if I'm taking twice as many children out as I actually have, making sure I count each child and their attendant beloved cuddly out and back in again. Although I was the one who sobbed my heart out when, heavily pregnant and full of hormones, friends took my eldest daughter out for a trip to the zoo, together with two of her favourite dolls, and returned with our daughter, thank god, but minus the two dolls!

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to believe me when I say that I hadn't even read menace's comment when I decided that my comment to this post was going to be: You're a fecking genius.

Minks said...

menace- why thankyou. An evil genius I think.
Hiya Su
Waffle- after tramping up and down the same stretch for an hour we had to admit defeat. He seems to've accepted him. He fed Bear his tea and has wrapped him in a special blanket to keep him warm till he feels better.
Kate- cheers x

Minks said...

oh and peices- when I called my husband to tell him we'd lost bear I swear he cried.

Anonymous said...

Absolute genuis - you are so not ging to hell for this - that's Nobel Peace Prize stuff.

Anonymous said...

I held back the tears. I had to be strong for Ezra.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl
A chip off the old block.

Anonymous said...

I have a lovely poem that I wrote about a bear who got dropped and had to be put in the washing machine. I will find it and put it on my blog under 'Poem Page' (look on the menu under the clock).

Midwifemuse said...

You will not go to hell for this. It is just that in 20 years time, when Ezra thinks you are old enough to cope with the information, he will tell you that the bear that came back wasn't the same one he had before but he didn't want to upset you any more than you were already!