Monday, August 07, 2006

misery me

It could be post-hectic weekend blues. Its definitely envy. I am miserable today because I do not have the willpower to avoid litres of vodka, then the inevitable lack of sleep/hangover induced takeaways, fried breakfasts and chocolate.
I am miserable because we do not own a house with a garden. I am uncharacteristically (acting out of character is happening a lot of late) tinged with regret that we didn't save more when we were young. Today I regret that we didn't buy a modest property rather than go on holidays, buy nice clothes and eat nice food in grand restaurants.
I am even questioning whether it really is the right thing to stay at home with the lads when I could be out earning a crust and they could be eating healthily and playing educationally motivated games in nursery, instyead of watching HI-5 while I blog about how miserable I am feeling.
Watch this space (it might remain inactive but I can feel the vibration of change in the air- or maybe that just post takeaway wind)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello gorgeous. it's the blogger (well, at times) formerly known as Miss Morgan.
Don't feel blue honey. My garden is DEAD. And we spent £3000 getting it done. Woe is me. And you have two babies and I don't even have one. Woe indeed.
be happy x

Anonymous said...

Oh Minks, sometimes it seems like no choice is the right choice. I think you're fab to stay home with them. I have felt so guilty abandoning my 3 sick children recently while I skipped off into work but I know that I would go insane, if I stayed at home - I never thought that I would be like this. I have given this a lot of thought (as have you, I'm sure) and I suspect that the best balance for parents and kids is part time. I think that GP mama has it just right - she and her husband work 3 days a week each. But unfortunately, it's a bit hard to track down a perfect part-time job. Much sympathy. Also on the garden front - we haven't one either and I think it would be a life saver, you could just point them towards the herbaceous border and sit back...

Minks said...

thanks waffly- I know that this is the right thing for now. Lack of sleep (as you know) and cheeky children emptying drawers and throwing things over there heads with gleeful abandon as I try and puree some chicken and broccoli and wash bottles means I am sometimes a bit tired and emotional.
If they were in the garden I could happily watch them eat poisonous herbs and chase rats (this is London after all) xx