Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Progress, regression

Progress:
Ezra is in-training for Potty duty. House widdling is all now potty bound. The outdoors is still a stressful potty adventure. We've had a few accidents, and as yet no poo disasters. Will keep you informed.

Weaning is working for both boys. As Seth tucks into his carrots, Ez is quietly indulging in VEGETABLES!! And PROTEIN!! But shhhhhhh, don't make a big deal about it.

Seth loves his playgym. Just as I was about to flog it on eBay (Ez hated it with a passion when he was a baby) Seth has decided to keep himself amused in there for ooooh about 45 minutes now.

Seth is complying with my request to drink from both the breast and bottle.

I can give them both their tea, bath and put them both to bed without collapsing (my eternal thanks goes to the producers of CBeebies bedtime hour)

Regression:
Night feeding. 3 events per night. No, really he isn't just a sucky baby- well he IS a sucky baby, but he is really hungry in the night. I can express 7 oz per breast per feed and my weight can fluctuate by 4 lbs depending on whether I'm pre or post feed. Seth is also being topped up with lovely formula and still there's no filling that boy. Lordy lord, roll on six months so I can stuff the kid full of steak and chips.

1 comment:

Vanda said...

I think I can remember back to the dark ages when I was doing the same thing. Good luck with it. Oh the joy of potty training...not!