Tuesday, May 09, 2006

how rude!

My husbands only gone and got himself another job! After a few weeks off, imagine- going out and earning some money when he could be at home helping me look after the bairns. Who cares if we can't afford the rent and Ezra is growing out of his old shoes? Its nearly summer- we can live outside- barefoot.
From now on I might have to put them both to bed- on my own. Its a bit selfish to get a job working beyond 4pm. And, anyway, how is this bedtime thing possible when there's only one adult involved? I struggle with naptimes. I'm currently thinking about a telly in Ezra's bedroom and whiskey in Seth's milk.
what's that you say? Women have been doing it for years? But how? Surely they all had staff?
Who's idea was it to be a full time Mum anyway? It wasn't mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for that, I've been suffering serious withdrawal cramps from Jimi's steady stream of workplace grotesque.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister (on who's idea was it to be a full time mom anyways),
and amen on the whiskey and telle and amen on husbands should stay home too even if we do end up poor :o)
Good luck

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons Mr Minks... comiserations Mrs Minks. x x x x

Glowstars said...

Give him our congratulations - but how inconsiderate of him. Doesn't he know that a mans only purpose in life is to support us women!

M said...

Oh My Goodness - I'm having the same work dilemma with my Hubby...eeek!! I'm not coping very well with the idea - and no, I didn't imagine myself at 30 with a baby and no 'career' - but who cares, right? Well, actually... I do.