Monday, September 04, 2006

subtle

Lots of things have happened this weekend. Starting with Ezra, who decided- on the night I wrote the poo blog- to poo in his potty. Its a start and a break from the monotony of my ever decreasing circles of parental paranoia. Note to self: stop associating Ezra's potty training with my ability to be a good Mum. So it takes him a while to be completely dry and unsoiled- he won't be the first, or the last and at least we took his lead and started potty training when he wanted to.
Secondly- we decided to tackle the night-feeding and spent from 12am to 6am sunday morning with a cry-athon- but no milk was consumed by anyone in the Minks clan during these hours.
Last night was much better. He woke at 1am then put himself back to sleep. He then woke at 3.30 and this was another nightmare episode. He had some water and went to sleep in John's arms, but then woke the minute he hit the mattress. However, John and I swapped places, just as John began losing the will to live and the change in parent did the trick. I popped a dummy in his mouth and he sucked away seriously till he dropped off.
He woke again an hour later and I popped the dummy back in and he went straight back to sleep.
He did the same at 5.30am but by that time we were on the home straight and he again fell asleep after a cuddle and some intense dummy-sucking. Both boys then woke up at 6.45am and giggled till 7am.
If the three night rule is true then tonight should be even easier and we will have broken the pattern. Fingers crossed.
Finally, I had my gym assessment at 9am Sunday morning. We went through my programme and he has tripled everything and given me new fangled man-weight machines to press. He insisted I cross train harder, cycle faster up a bigger hill and walk up a mountain on the treadmill. He then weighed and measured me and despite weighing exactly the same as I did when I started, I have shrunk by 2 centimetres around each bicep, 4 1/2 centimetres around my waist, 5 centimetres around my hips and 2 centimetres around each thigh. I am delighted to see that the hard work is paying off- if slowly.
At this rate I shall be thin when I am fifty. but I will be thin.

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Woo Hoo a poo in the potty! Life is good.

Anonymous said...

There you go ... told you. You lose fat, gain muscle, stay the same weight for abit and then the weight starts to fall.