Thursday, September 21, 2006

flip flap

I'm fussing and flapping over childcare this week. It has suddenly dawned on me that we need to get our application for pre-school in by january. This is a very important decision and I am terrified.
I am also trying to suss out some local creche's and playgroups for us to attend- with a view to a. leaving Ez there for a few hours a week, if the budget will stretch and b. for me to volunteer so I can also study for the early years NVQ.
Finding the time is awkward for fiddly reasons. Trying to cook more healthy food (Jamie has driven me guiltily into the kitchen fulltime), acres of washing, whacking hangovers (mine. red wine. don't ask.) prescriptions pick ups, and entertaining the troups without resorting to the Incredibles every hour of the day (I want Incrediboy Mummy, can I can I can I can I repeat ad nauseum)
Speaking of Incrediboy, we went to visit the paediatrician on Thursday, and all is well. Incrediboy is growing at a more normal rate - apparently slow growth is common in undiagnosed asthma, but hopefully he should shoot up over the next year or so. We're going to take him off the steroid inhaler in April, and quote "he'll either be fine or have a more acute asthma attack." The prognosis is good. Viral induced asthma in littlies is very likely to clear up before they get to school. I feel less hysterical.
Finally potty training update. All present and correct. The po issue is no more and several are appearing every day. No more nappies at night. Phew!

No comments: