Tuesday, September 19, 2006

commitment

The application process continues. The cost of study is gynormous. We're looking at almost £8k, and this makes me feel sick. I can apply for funding, but I'm not holding out much hope. I've also got to factor in childcare costs, but I'm sure we can work this out along the way.
The thing I am most nervous about is commiting my family to living in or very near to London for another 4 years (I won't start the course until next september.) This makes me feel incredibly guilty.
School places are in short supply- good schools, even less. I also have lots of neuroses revolving around suburbia, accents, lack of fresh air, crime, grime and of course- cramped living conditions.
I'm going to push on with the application- but we may need to think differently about how we can make this happen. How long do you think it would take to cycle into London from Yorkshire?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of courses nowadays come in modules so you could do some here then the rest in Leeds (if they had the relevant course).

It all sounds very exciting though - keep up the momentum!

PS I've moved house...