Tuesday, October 03, 2006

blue

Seth has had a cold for a few weeks, which has developed into a shocking cough. For a week he woke every hour leading John to lose all concept of time and space "he's been like this since he was born- why won't he sleep? I'm dying from sleep deprivation." Thankfully, the more severe his cough has become, the more soundly he is sleeping- alas, I am wavering between relief at getting some extra hours in the sack and lying awake worrying that he will stop breathing.
Ezra had a week of wetting the bed- an abrupt reminder that potty training isn't quite over yet. He seems to have returned to dryness in the majority, (with the exception of last night when he awoke from a nightmare and found he had done a huge mattress soaking widdle.)
I've now lost nearly a stone- which is shocking in that its happening quite suddenly and quickly. I wonder if I can reach my outlandish goal of 'Kate Moss thin' by Christmas.
The most exciting event is that we have reached an understanding with our generous Landlord and we have painted our kitchen blue. I imagine my front room with putting green walls and a forest green flock accent wall. clean white bathroom walls. A calico hallway. I am giddy and delirious. Perhaps that's the paint fumes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A stone? And you're drinking Hoegaarden??? I MUST have your diet secrets, missy!

Minks said...

You know, its the gym three times a week, run after kids all day, worry constantly, sleep a maximum of 4 hours a night, eat leftover childrens meals and drink heavily diet.