Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why I know biological drives are independent of the rational mind

I haven't had a full nights sleep since I was seven weeks pregnant with Ezra. That's over three years.
Seth has a cold/is teething/separation anxiety/stubborn as a mule and has been waking at least three times a night for roughly six weeks now.
Ezra is terribly two.
I have lost a stone. I weigh less than I did when I became pregnant with Ezra.
I will be 32 in December.
I like drinking booze, smoking (occasionally)
I can honestly say that the first few months with a new Seth and existing Ezra were rock hard.
I rely heavily on the help of my friends when out in public with both children.
I fantasize about 'nights off', adult-only weekend breaks, and all day drinking sessions.
I tend to almost die during childbirth.
We are poor.
We have two beautiful, healthy (mostly) handfuls already.
So why am I staring adoringly at new babies, feeling that deep primal longing to procreate.
Madness (and for the record, I am most definitely ignoring it.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grimmedy grim and how can it be that I know precisely how you feel?

Anonymous said...

I told you you'd lose the weight. I now feel as if I somehow lost it for you.

Yay me (and you of course)

Moobs

Minks said...

Belg- oooh, you too?
Moobs- well done!

Anonymous said...

After the Minx/family year we have had all I can say is do you want to drive me to an early grave.
No pressure, but I may have to come down there and sort you out.
From your MOTHER

Minks said...

Nowt like a public telling off. You've shamed me right up mum *blushes*

Anonymous said...

But a cute little baby girl would be so nice, wouldn't she, all fluffy and cuddly and pink and squooshy and so lovelRRGH RRRGH LETGOOFME RRRGH (KE is throttled by Minkleberry's friends & family)

Minks said...

I'd watch yourself Kate- they're rock hard from oop north (a lickle girl would be lovely though oooooooh)