Sunday, July 23, 2006

stuff

Remarkably I have managed to get to the gym three times this week and I'm in serious danger of becoming a gym bore. (as in I can only think about going to the gym/not going to the gym) I have thankfully lost the clotted cream-and-jam-and-scones weight gained on holiday but its going to take a while to shed the whole fat suit as I just can't stop drinking booze and eating lard.
Today we relived the holiday in miniature and drove to Whitstable- which is a delightfully dinky village by the sea. I persuaded him indoors to try an oyster (40p and oyster- I'll wince everytime I indulge in a restaurant) and he loved them. So we've finally got something in common- molluscs.
Its such a gorgeous place and we peered invasively into the kitchens of the beach houses- imagining ourselves feeding each other oysters whilst Ez and Seth windsurfed infront of us "Don't surf too far- tea'll be ready in a minute. Its oysters and chips again!"
We decided to move there forthwith until we realised that all the people we know who have grown up in small coastal towns have either killed themselves or become drug addicts. I'm sure that is not true of everyone who grows up on the English coast- but probability indicates that our lads might be nudged in that direction. Less windsurfing and more screaming "I haaaate you you horrible f***ers!!! Why do we have to live in the middle of nowhere! I want Macdonalds- not f**king oysters!!All this sea air is making me sick" Or else they'd make a good living selling and importing class A drugs via Dover.
Back to reality and Ez got to paddle- Seth got to eat lasagne on the beach and husband and I enjoyed a grand day out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I grew up by the seaside and I'm perfectly norm ... er ... never mind.

Did you go to museum. It contains a room full of Peter Cushing's wooden spoon puppets. Perhaps the most surreal collection outside the Pitt Rivers.

I can't abide oysters. They just taste like a mouthful of seawater to me but with the added joy of having the consistency of snot.

Anonymous said...

Tch moobs. Oysters - food of the gods. Well, the slightly damp ones, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Humph, I grew up by the seaside too and we certainly didn't get oysters. Mind you, I'd probably be suspicious of a Sunderland Oyster...