Thursday, July 06, 2006

six months

I couldn't remember my age a few minutes ago. That's a sign of growing old isn't it? Anyway- I've had my age counted and verified and I am pleased to say I'm actually a year younger than my body looks and feels.
I mention my age because I sometimes find it hard to believe I am married with two children when I am still just a fifteen year old girl with bushy hair and recently removed braces.
My beautiful man Seth has hit the six month mark and is cracking on. He is crawling and almost sitting up. He is gnawing on rice cakes and sucking frantically on Ezra's leftover fruit. He likes formula but loves breastmilk.
He loves making us laugh and performs for giggles. He is friendly and confident- even his separation anxiety seems mild. He can play on his own or with the bigger boys and rarely whimpers- except when he goes to sleep, which he hates, and when he's in his pram (I expect he'd rather walk everywhere.)
My Nan says he's "been here before" and there's certainly a look of wisdom and serenity in those baby blues.
He's amazing- I love that he is so different from his brother. I adore Ezra's zippy energy as much as I'm enamoured with the stillness in Seth. He watches everything and smiles endlessly.
I could watch him play for hours (and often do). Ezra teaches him to sing songs and play with toys, Seth copies Ezra's mannerisms.
They both laugh maniacally at naptime.
My favourite part of the day is lying between them both during their afternoon sleep. Sometimes when I leave them in bed together, Seth snuggles up to Ezra- Ezra doesn't mind one bit.

edit: especially for the viewers of CBBC. I fancy Sportacus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is exactly why I want more kids! Bless those mini minks'. x x

Anonymous said...

I'd settle for one!

This is a blissful blog entry.

Except it reminded me that I am 40 on Sunday. Actually as everyone I know is reminding me of that fact at 25 second intervals it hasn't made much difference.

Minks said...

Kaddy- it won't be long babe. You're a very brave and patient lady.
Moobs- what can I say? You don't look a day over 21

Anonymous said...

Hey Minks
I read your blog a lot - I have a little one similar age - 6 months and he is not even sitting up let alone crawling! Nor am I even finding a gym on a map let alone joining one so hats off to you my dear. My 6 monther is my 4th so if you worry about the lack of attention you give your 2nd don't bat an eye lid - it's probably twice as much as my wee man has!
You enjoy them as much as you can - it goes so fast as the older folk always say.

Anonymous said...

Whoops
wrong link!