Tuesday, June 27, 2006

post traumatic exercise disorder

I am not using the cross trainer for 15 minutes and they can't make me. I didn't mind the running (I obviously preferred the walking) and the bike was a doddle compared with that evil swishy ski type uphill downhill machine.
Seems that in my absence gym equipment have learnt to recreate natural terrain. Hill running, bumps in the road, steep mountains. I thought that the whole point of going to the gym was that it was an artificial environment which ironed out the imperfections to make exercise easier.
I especially liked it when the machines told me how many calories I'd used up, but my favourite bit was when they said "stopping"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could watch those calories clocking up for hours.
Good luck with the weight loss!

Tooting bird said...

or come to Lausanne. just getting up the hill to the supermarket has me coughing my lungs up!