Thursday, March 30, 2006

just breathe

Ahh, so clearly the locum GP believes that silly women make a very big fuss about things and should just get on with it.
I plucked up several tonnes of courage and stripped away my protective armour, in order to explain my current state of wibblybility. The Doc nodded intently and leaned in at all the right moments.
He then told me he didn't know how he could help, other than to refer me to the practice councellor who is very busy and to suggest I talk to my friends and do some breathing exercises.
"Of course you can come and talk to us in the surgery, and if you're worried about the children being ill you can always bring them too."
I pity the poor soul who throws themselves infront of a bus after that kind of advice.
I left with another appointment to see by regular GP on Monday, so to be continued, I guess.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's outrageous that when people are at their most vulnerable and have managed, with some difficulty, to shout for help and then to be dismissed in such a way. Hopefully, your regular GP will be more helpful and supportive -

Anonymous said...

That's all you need, an unsympathetic GP. I'm surprised he didn't tell you to count your blessings too, that's what they said to me! Big hugs, I've been there, so I know exactly how you feel. I hope you get on better when you see your normal GP.

Anonymous said...

That is indeed outrageous. Can you see someone else in the practice?

Anonymous said...

Oh Love, it's been at least two months since I crawled to the GP with my woes. She referred me to the very same counsellor... and I'm still waiting on an appointment. xx

Glowstars said...

Kepp fighting fo someone who understands. You deserve that much at the very least.

Anonymous said...

That's outrageous. I think it may be par for the course though. My friend who is suffering with PND has been referred by her doctor to a psychiatrist - she has to wait until the end of April to see one. To be fair, she isn't at the end of her rope, but still - one could very well be desperate by the time they finally see you.

Midwifemuse said...

Lets just hope that your proper G.P has some plan of action and doesn't just leave you in limbo. Bloody hell, you go for help, which isn't easy, and get nothing better than what you would read in an Agony Aunt column.

Anonymous said...

hello ducky!
Im trying to move here also - as a protest, but Im showing my age and Im having a bit of jip figuring it all out. Hope you are all well. We have a bottle of vino and some pampers wipes here for you as a practical hello to the bab. Also a little sommat for bab #1.
Hope to see you soon chuck
janey
x