Friday, December 01, 2006

only 30 days left till this annus horribilisis closes

I am relieved, and a little anxious about what else can be chucked our way before the end of the year.
I keep mentally checking off my loved ones. My sister has (almost) sold her house and moved on from a traumatic and challenging time which has lasted over a year now. (and if I ever see her ex, he'd better run, because if I catch him I'll breaking his legs)
Mum and Dad are doing well-ish. They're hosting Christmas with one daughter and the entire contents of her house, and the other daughter with the entire contents of her family under one roof. Plus they're redecorating, and Mum's awaiting another appointment to get the trigeminal neuralgia zapped. Despite this, we know that Father Christmas has already been to the house to size up the chimney, and the lads will probably drown in presents and treats.
Nan and Grandad will be at Mum and Dad's for Christmas, and are currently living in a home filled with techno-gadgetry. I'm sure they are the only great grandparents who have an ipod. Grandad's in heaven. I expect Nan is fed up of dusting (whilst listening to said ipod).
My friend's baby is due in a few weeks, and despite a scare a few weeks ago, is growing her little girl with aplomb (and looks particularly beautiful as a pregnant person.)
The last time I spoke to Jo, she was panicking over a lack of commissions. I recommended a well earned rest- No doubt she is swamped with deadlines by now! Her son El is a superhero obsessed hunk of gorgeousness. He is a giant, has a haircut to die for, and is fast becoming a world class chatterbox.
One friend is on the verge of something exciting and dangerous. I hope she finds some peace once its done.
Everyone else is ticking along nicely, I believe. Lets all hold hands and keep our heads down till five past 12.

No comments: