Wednesday, December 20, 2006

my family and other animals

Teeth update: I attempted to floss and they moved. Gah!
It took me an hour to clear up this afternoon whilst the lads slumbered. Boys are messy filthy beasts who will only get messier and filthier as they grow. Its a bit off putting, so I'm thinking about trading them in for girls- or a Wii. I can't decide yet.
Despite my best attempts at tidiness, small guests still locate rotting fruit, lost bricks and vicks vapour rub ("I was worried it might be in his eyes" Jo mentioned, recalling how she's seen the worlds biggest bogey on Seth's head- only to discover the globs' menthol origin.)
The good news is that the smell of urine and damp and sweat and poo will lessen now our NEW WASHING MACHINE has arrived. The pile threatening to block our view from the windows will soon go down. It is to be plumbed in about three hours.
Our lovely landlord announced that it'd cost him a bomb. I can't help it if the repair man he brought round to the house buggered off with the electrics gadget thing, promising to replace it- then left the country.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was having company a little while back and thought I had done a pretty good job of cleaning up.. found all the dirty diapers.. even picked up the wipes that had some how gone astray... our company was here for about 2 seconds when the little girl walked over and ran her finger along my side table and announced that it was "Very Dusty".
Oh and girls are not any cleaner so the WII is your better bet ;o)

mad muthas said...

i floss religiously - at christmas and easter.

sarah said...

I too spent over two hours cleaning and tidying my daughters bedroom last saturday! We had one of those "good clear outs"....i thought it looked great! on Sunday Bekky kindly announced to my mate that her room looked "rubbish"! I should of just left it!

Wii would inded be better i think. (I don;t mean it really!!, or do i?)xx