Wednesday, January 24, 2007

sick of it (pun intended)

The bug lingers. Probably the oysters I ate at Seth's birthday meal, according to the GP who has administered antibiotics and sent off a stool sample. One day I feel better, the next, worse. Its not life threatening or completely debilitating, but my energy is low and my reactions are sluggish. I am not keeping on top of the untidiness, easy tasks like making dinner, or getting them dressed are daunting. Every spilled drink and power struggle over a toy make me tearful.
I feel terrible. My fuse is very short, and they have both been shouted at numerous times over the last few weeks. Today Ezra had several tantrums (as usual) over getting dressed, and when I shouted at him in anger- he took himself off to our bed and wee'd in it. "Are you cross that Mummy shouted?" I asked despairingly. "Yes- so I did a wee in your bed and my pants!" You can't say fairer than that.
I need some help- I'd be signed off sick if I had a paying job. Sadly, there is no one who can cover my shift while I take to my bed.
These antibiotics better kick in soon- I solemnly vow to look after myself, eat more healthily and get more rest when I am feeling better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Minks! You have my every sympathy. I have 'flu at 7 months pregnant and still trying to look after a two year old in the "defiant and contradictory" phase. And despite my early resolutions that TV would be a rare treat, my Phoebe-Bug is currently parked in front of Dora the Explorer at every opportunity, and her Spanish is getting better than her English - but at least I get a break!Have you got any friends/relatives/neighbours/passers-by who could watch the little ones while you have a rest? Early birthday pressie request perhaps?
Sending you positive vibes!
Ginny

Minks said...

thanks Ginny- I am sorry you're ill- its awful when being ill when you're preggers.
I have some lovely friends who are alwarys really helpful- but I really need a big rest. A few weeks in the caribbean would be perfect!!xx

Midwifemuse said...

Wish I could wave a sunny, snoozy wand. Hope the antibiotics work XX

Anonymous said...

Poor you - hope it all feels better soon xx