Tuesday, January 02, 2007

ahhh 2007

Apologies for the break in transmission. I was too busy drinking and eating to place my fingertips to the keys.
In summary- an excellent christmas at my Mum and Dad's. Much food, drink and merriment. A beautiful necklace from a posh shop for my birthday. A mountain of pressies for the lads, a spectacular t shirt for my husband.
I am 32. I have gained 5 pounds over the festive period. My youngest has begun to point and say. His favourite is "adad!" for the alpha- with whom he is currently besotted. Ezra is engaging in some fabulous imaginative play involving all his toys going into 'time outs' and then making friends again and declaring "now behave you lot!"
The most exciting news (or devastating depending on what hour of the day it is) is that I have declared myself a NO BOOZE ZONE for 6 weeks. To see if I can do it- but also to try and reduce the beer belly, I can no longer entirely blame on my two larroping lads.
My fake teeth are holding on by a thread and came off a few times over christmas. The sooner my dentist gets back and fixes some new ones the better.
I stayed in on NYE. Luckily I'd gotten obliterated at a party the previous day and so wasn't too sad to spend a quiet evening infront of the box.
So- onwards and upwards- whats going to happen this year, I wonder?
I'm hoping for a move, (hopefully) some further education, a new nursery, a more slender frame, a fresh outlook and some blinging front teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year! I am slightly tempted to join you in the 6 week NO BOOZE ZONE to see if it would make the slightest difference to my wobbliness. Perhaps we could do some cyber-support....would cyber-support hold my tummy in?

Minks said...

ha ha! Only playtex can hold mine!