Wednesday, January 17, 2007

men are from mars, women are from tooting

The stomach bug is taking its toll. The boys have square eyes and have eaten some interesting meals "you want an orange and a muffin and some cheese? fine. Seth you can have whatever I can cook in 2.5 seconds." Today they had bad food from a bad fast food chain for lunch.
The other day noone got dressed. Today Ezra is wearing a pyjama top and jeans (but no underpants) Seth did a poo in his nappy about 10 minutes ago but I'm working myself up to change him (I'll be sick straight after and I'm not relishing the prospect)
The rubbish bit about being a full time mum is being unable to phone in sick. Especially when your husband is in a new job and someone has flown in from the US especially to train him this week.
Thankfully, my husband takes over after the orange and muffin dinner and bathes the kids before reading them a story and hurling them into bed. He will then wash up and tidy the toys away, while I shiver on the sofa and read nursery application forms.
So, really he's a bit of a hero. But how dare he suggest going out straight after work on Friday night? What will I do? Leave the kids at the dinner table until they fall asleep? Bending over the bath might result in more vomiting.
I know, I'll leave them in their pyjamas again- that way there'll be no need to bath anyone, and noone will ever know.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know why I love your blog? Because everything you write sounds so much like my family that it makes me giggle.
(except the part of hubby cleaning up... mine does not do clean up.. vomit or no vomit).
So what if the kids stay in their pj's for days on end... they don't care rite ;o)
Hope you feel better soon.