Tuesday, January 16, 2007

holibobs and babs

Since Seth's birthday I've been crook. A tummy bug (don't need to go into the sordid details) has taken the wind out of my sails and I'm starting to wonder whether a dose of antibiotics/probiotics might sort it out. I thought things were improving until I dared to eat something spicy last night. From about 1am I was up and down with a killer stomach ache and explosive pebbledashing. I'm still feeling unwelcome spasms and cannot leave the house for fear of being caught short.
The bad news- dehydration, cracked lips, and an inability to pick up and carry the lads.
The good news- loss of appetite, and a bit of weight loss.
Despite this, I've got 1 new front tooth (the other is temporary- I cant go into it because it wil make me cry.) It amazes me that I can survive all kinds of things, but vanity is killing me.
The most exciting news is an almost booked holiday. Abroad. We might well be paying it off into the next millenium, but I don't care- we all deserve a break.
And finally- nurseries. Closing date for applications is the 9th February. Its not going particularly well and has clarified our need to leave this place as soon as possible. The Dance Movement Therapy course might have to wait a little longer. Do you think I'll be taken seriously as a 70 year old newly qualified practitioner?

3 comments:

sarah said...

oh i hope you get better soon...thats the last thing you need when you have children to look after!xxx

Anonymous said...

*virtual electrolytes*

Anonymous said...

You and the mini-mink's seem to be ill a lot... I think its definately time for a move to the country for lots of brisk walks and fresh air... What a good incentive!