Thursday, January 04, 2007

one


On saturday Seth Jacob Arthur will be One. As if to accentuate his importance in our family he is currently teething, with an accompanying cold and fever and suffering from separation anxiety. He can't sleep, eat or be put down for more than a few minutes without screaming himself hoarse.
I could write a blog about his birth- the terror, horror, fear, joy (and that was just my waters breaking) but anyone who reads this will remember what happened. We don't need to go over the whole scary saga. Its fabulous that we're all alive, and infact, my stock reply to anyone who asks "how are you getting on?" has been "we're still alive." I mean it.
My other favourite phrases from this year include "please stop crying/whining/whinging" "Time Out!", "Do you want a cuddle?" and "I am so f***ing tired I could cry" (I frequently did).
Thanks to my fabulous friends for holding me above water- with a special squeeze for auntie Jo for being the best auntie and even better friend. And my Mummy for being The Greatest, and for keeping GNER in the black with her emergency trips to London.
We were going to host a birthday party. We're not now. There's no point, as Seth and I will just sob and cling to one another all the way through.
Instead we are going to celebrate the only way we know how-quietly- and with lashings of cake and chips (doesn't bode well for my diet.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth Jacob Arthur! I hadn't clicked that he's really not much older than Sprog Splog. I wish you through this teething, clingy stage soonest, but please don't pass it on to us.

Minks said...

we'll try not to. He has been much less clingy than Ez so hopefully it won't last

Fashion Detective said...

That's a nice top he's wearing.

mad muthas said...

happy birthday - and enjoy the cake!

Moobs said...

Is he old enough for Chelsea Replica Kits now then?

PS Move to Vox - bloglines just dumped you and a number of other blogger people not once but twice.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't believe you're walking already!!

Tooting bird said...

Happy birthday Seth, love Emma and Glorymouse (one on 11th Jan! There'll be a small party.) x

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth xo

Minks said...

Moobs- what does that mean?