Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ah, dear fate

I think we've had our fill of crap thrown at us this year, what with almost death, new babies, the big C etc. and yet fate has decided (I choose fate, because if I blame God we could face his wrath and we're knackered already) to make my lovely hubby redundant for the second time this year.
This means that just before christmas he is frantically selling himself to as many souless agencies as possible, in order to pay for the kids christmas presents. Oh, and our rent and bills.
and the MOT, the tax and insurance.
What I'm really, really worried about is that its making me think about going back to work. Not just any work- MY OLD JOB. My days will be miserable and busy and empty and my salary would be mostly gobbled up by the nursery, and my lads will start to sound like south londoners, and will cry when I drop them off in the morning- as will I.
I said Hell would freeze over before I went back into that work.
Well, its cold in our house and at the moment we feel a little bit like we're in Hell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Minks, I'm so sorry. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Anonymous said...

Like KE, I'm sorry and I hope it doesn't come to that either

Minks said...

me too. i hate that place and I can only use a computer to blog these days...

Moobs said...

Minks, that really does suck. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh Minks, I'm really sorry. I'm sure it will work out, it's bound to, buoyant economy, husband with lots of skills will get fab job in no time. In the meanwhile, I suppose you could pretend that you are living in a large stately home (always freezing, I understand, though, I supppose, not Madonna's) and put on lots of jumpers.

Midwifemuse said...

Really, really not what you need, or what should happen after this rollercoaster of a year. Hoping things sort themselves out, that lottery win perhaps?