Monday, November 20, 2006

you don't know me

I'm a Mum who on two consecutive nights has slept for 7 hours. Thats right- with the occasional whimper and toilet break, I have been asleep in my bed for 7 hours. Last night it was almost 8 hours. Thats right ASLEEP.
You'd think I'd feel rejuvinated and refreshed. I actually feel exhausted and my body aches. Years of sleep deprivation- they will take a while to get over.
Still, Seth has been sleeping through the night for over a week. We can't believe our luck, considering Ezra was still getting up two or three times a night just a few days before I gave birth to Seth.
We also know it might not last, which makes it all the more delicious.
My midlife crisis continues but less dramatically (more sleep offering perspective perhaps).
I also had an abrupt wak eup call when I caused a huge row with my friend over things that happened years ago. I said some terrible things about how I felt at the time but absolutely don't feel now. We have moved on and moved through. I have a deeper understanding the past, and we have grown up a lot since that time.
However, it was just like I'd stepped back in time, and was transported back to the young selfish and hurt girl I was then- and it was also cruel and mean.
It reminded me that I need to be alert, conscientious aware. Its been a strange year and I'll be glad when its over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've all been there, minks. I hope your friend was understanding. (After she'd read you the riot act, of course.)

Minks said...

She was very understanding. thank goodness.