Monday, June 19, 2006

I would give anything for just 3 more minutes in bed...

Sometimes having two children is like being two people.
me 1: "Why won't he sleep through the night?"
me 2: "because he is teething/hungry/the product of your over meddling no. 1"
me 1: "I'm so tired, what can I do to make him sleep?"
me 2: "This won't last forever"
me 1: "It feels like forever"
me 2: "but its not. It goes so quickly. He'll be walking, and feeding himself and sleeping peacefully (ish) before you know it."
me 1. "I don't believe you. Look I'm so deliriously tired I'm talking to myself"
me 2. "Its true. Then you'll forget all about all this and start thinking about wanting another one."
me 1. "arrrrrgh!" thud.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God. I think I'm exhausted and I've only got one and she sleeps through. When I see people with two kids I'm bloody impressed; if I see people with four, I'm gobsmacked. (They are, of course, usually loaded, with a nanny or two in two.)

Minks said...

I am ignoring you. I choose to believe that all children sleep as poorly as mine!!

Midwifemuse said...

I'm just checking, did you write that you may want another baby? It's all very worrying. X

Anonymous said...

I think the split personality comes with the 2nd child. I have also developed one.

Anonymous said...

I'm having a similar conversation right now:
me 1: She's asleep! Quick! Quick! Catch up on all those things you've been meaning to do, like having a wee! Quick! You won't get another chance like this for days! You could even brush your teeth if you're quick!
me 2: Okay. Let me just check one more blog first...

Minks said...

norah, you must go to sleep immediately! You might not get another chance like this onex