Monday, December 11, 2006

one filling later

Having carried both children (one in a pram) up two flights of stairs, I arrived- panting, in the Dentists surgery.
He greeted me warmly, was kind to the lads and offered me a seat in the big chair.
I blurted that I probably had a cavity, and he swiftly confirmed that I was right.
He checked the rest of the pegs and announced that the rest of them were in good nick. "well done" he smiled. I would've felt patronised if I wasn't such a praise junkie. And so very relieved.
"Do you have time for me to fix the tooth now?" he asked.
"That would be fantastic" I replied.
Ez watched open mouthed and frozen, as the dental wizz injected my gum (it didn't hurt a bit!) and filled the tooth in minutes. The man's a genius. Whilst doing so he put on a light show and sprayed water in the air to entertain the lads. 10 minutes later, it was all over.
I leapt from the chair as he softly mentioned I sould think about new veneers.
"Come back in the new year and we'll sort them out"
"Erm, my maternity exemption runs out at the end of this month" I blurted- burning with embarassment.
"It seems silly for you to start paying now. We'll consider it a continuation of the treatment you're receiving and we'll do them for free"
"I love you" I swooned, and kissed him passionately*


*The loving and kissing might be a slight exaggeration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It shouldn't have been an exaggeration. That man is a god.

mad muthas said...

save the kissing until the treatment is all done and (not) paid for.